CHAUFA (Peruvian Fried Rice)
4 oz Mochica Express Lomo Saltado Sauce
1 chicken breast, diced
2 tablespoons ginger, grated
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
1 cup spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whisk the eggs until they begin to froth. Fry eggs with oil, then cut them into strips and set aside
- Add oil to a wok or large frying pan and heat on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and half of the grated ginger.
- Once chicken is golden, add pepper, spring onions, fried egg, and the rest of the ginger
- Vigorously shake the Mochica Express Lomo Saltado sauce bottle
- Add cooked rice and 4 oz of Mochica Express Lomo Saltado sauce. Turn heat to high and stir-fry for 5 minutes, making sure to mix the sauce into the dish well
- Divide the chaufa between four bowls. Add salt to taste and enjoy!